Not all travel is exciting. If you love nature and hiking, you must challenge TMB-Mont Blanc in this lifetime. Hike magnificent mountains, climb mountains and river valleys and challenge your limits while enjoying nature!
Day 1 Beijing-Geneva (every Thursday)
Take an international flight from Beijing Capital International Airport to Geneva, Switzerland's second largest city, and upon arrival in Geneva, check in to your hotel to correct time difference!
Day 2 Geneva-Chamonix
After breakfast, head to birthplace of French Alpine sports, city of Chamonix, located in border town of Savoy in France.
This is not only starting point of extreme endurance race around Mont Blanc, but also a sacred place for various extreme sports loved by Westerners, such as rock climbing, paragliding and cross-country skiing. The evening before trip, there will be a short meeting where issues such as precautions for hike will be explained.
Day3 Chamonix Town - Retour (trekking time: 6 hours - ascent and descent: 758 meters / 1000 meters - maximum altitude: 2205 meters)
From today, Alps will officially enter hiking phase, and Alps will gradually open their beautiful veil. Along way, you will pass famous Lac Blanc and enjoy panoramic views of Mont Blanc, Sea of Ice (la Mer de Glace) and Grandes Jorasse, just like a girl. in mountains Immerse yourself in this piece of natural beauty and forget about city problems. Arrival in city of Retour in evening.
Day 4 Retur-Vaukelaz (trekking time: 6 hours - ascent and descent in altitude: 758 meters / 1145 meters - maximum altitude: 2199 meters)
Cross Franco-Swiss border on foot, climb up to Balme Pass, surrounded by mountains in distance, with murmuring streams on way and rhododendrons on side, walking along it is like a fairyland.
Day5 Verclaz-Chambex (trekking time: 6 hours - ascent and descent: 1100 meters / 750 meters - maximum altitude: 2046)
After breakfast, head up to Bull Alpine Ranch to see glaciers of Mont Blanc glowing in sun, as if there is a fairytale realm of ice and snow. From mountain pass you can see Chamonix Canyon and Red Needle Peak, high peaks of Mont Blanc, and glaciers and sea of snow are huge. Finally, descend to Bacchus mountain village and stay in an alpine chalet.
Day6 Chambex-Courmayo (trekking time: 5 hours - ascent and descent: 600 meters / 100 meters - maximum altitude: 1706 meters)
In morning, take a bus from Chambec to Orsay and drive to small town of Forli. You will see Prai Glacier down mountain, which is located in Dole Mountains at junction of three countries. Today we will arrive in Italy on foot, descend into valley and arrive at destination of the day, Elena.
Day 7 Irene-Courmayo (travel time: 5.5 hours - ascent and descent: 944 meters / 870 meters - maximum altitude: 2532 meters)
After breakfast, climb path, landscape becomes more beautiful as it deepens into Alps, and once again enjoy famous Mont Dolan, Aiguille du Triollet, Grande Joras......
All way down, passing through Foley Valley, this is definitely a rare place for outdoor enthusiasts. Here, soft light of larch forest contrasts sharply with dazzling light reflected by sharp peaks and glaciers, as if highest aesthetic pleasure delivered by Van Gogh's wonderful color overlay.
Day8 Courmayeux-Le Mans (trekking time: 8 hours - ascent and descent: 1330 meters / 1130 meters - maximum altitude: 2513 meters)
Today is going to be most beautiful day of entire trip. Walking through Vini Valley, Italian mountain scenery seems like a Milanese church, with scent of espresso. Suddenly, one after another, snow-capped stands proudly and looks more holy and pure white in sunlight, reflecting Mont Blanc mountain range in Italy.
Day 9 Le Mans - Bionasse Glacier - Chamonix (travel time: 8 hours - elevation difference: 970 / 1400 meters)
Throughout climb, beautiful scenery of streams and mountains along way is endless, and mountain waterfalls will make you linger and forget to come back. Escape from hustle and bustle of city and completely merge with nature. After climbing to top of mountain, continue down ancient mountain path into canyon. Successfully completed alpine hike around Mont Blanc, and in evening a festive banquet.
Day 10 Chamonix - Geneva (82 km, 1 h 5 m) - Beijing
After breakfast, free time, then drive to Geneva according to flight time. You can choose an Alpine paragliding project or visit Aiguille du Midi.
Aiguille du Midi is peak of Mont Blanc in French Alps. It consists of jagged, needle-like rocks formed by glaciers. It is located at an altitude of 3,842 meters above sea level and 8 km from Langfeng, highest mountain in Alps. This is most characteristic of Chamonix. One of famous sights, name of mountain literally translates as "needle at noon", which means looking at Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and sun only reaches its peak at noon.
Day 11, Beijing
Arrive in Beijing at noon, end of walking tour!
PS: Recommended Hardware
1. Mountaineering bag with a capacity of 60L or more for heavy loads (try not to plug it into an outlet); 20–30 l for light loads;
2. A raincoat usually comes with a backpack, but if you do not have one, you need to prepare it separately;
3. Hiking shoes, trekking shoes that have passed break-in period, preferably waterproof of medium height;
4. Light jackets, preferably waterproof, waterproof and warm;
5. Sunglasses, in summer in Europe sun rises at 5 o'clock and it gets dark at 10 o'clock in evening, and ultraviolet rays are very strong;
6. Sun hat/sunscreen, essential sun protection;
7. Raincoat, you can use three-in-one raincoat, floor mat and canopy;
8. Trekking poles, pair;
9. Gloves, sun and cold protection;
10. Magic scarves, various uses;
11. Several sets of quick-drying linen;
12. High quality leather clothing;
13. Thin fluff / soft shell, spare, take it! It cannot be used for hiking, but can be worn at airport or in morning and evening;
14. Assault pants are thin, spare, you can not use, but weather in mountains is unpredictable, and they should be waterproof and warm;
15. Underwear, underwear, you can take as much as you like, in shelter you can wash clothes, but after washing it is not easy to dry;
16. Hiking socks, definitely professional hiking socks, otherwise your feet will get blisters after so many days of walking;
17. Slippers, in all shelters it is forbidden to wear hiking shoes to enter house, so you need to change shoes before entering house. Some shelters provide slippers, while others do not. Even if there are slippers, it may not be enough or it may be dirty;p>
18. Sports water glasses, 2 pcs, up to 1.5L in total, mineral water bottles can also be used, no problem;
19. Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Soap/Towel Refuge does not provide any personal toiletries, remember to bring your own;
20. Take paper towels with you, you don't need much, as long as there is a toilet in Europe, paper towels will be;
21. Skin care products, after-sun products, lotions, moisturizing water, etc.;
22. Visa and euro credit cards, Swiss francs are used in Switzerland and euros are used in France and Italy; in Switzerland, people who give euros get Swiss francs back, and Visa card can be used everywhere;
23. Personal life saving card, name, ID number, blood type, emergency contact, emergency contact number, etc.;
24. Personal medicine, cold medicine, sunscreen, gastrointestinal medicine, patch, mosquito spray, Yunnan Baiyao, active oil, etc.;
25. Power supply, EU charging head or plug, 2 chargers, one EU plug must beyat with you if possible, you can also take a fork with you because most shelter forks are extremely rare.
Have fun on west coast of USA, spend time in wild, 16-day detailed travel strategy!
The 7 most beautiful salt lakes in world are as beautiful as a magical land without filters!
Charm of Eastern Europe, 7-day tour of Ukraine for small groups!